• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Recommendations on ICD-10-CM Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinaK_62260

BHAT® Cave
Medical Billing Blitz
Billing Exam (Aquamarine)
Billing Exam (Jade)
Billing Exam (Tanzanite)
Hi there,
I started doing the annotations in my ICD-10-CM book by the AMA. The margins are very small and the ink bleeds through. Is it worth buying a different brand like the Buck's and does it have margins and places for the annotations? Suggestions are welcomed. Just wanted to know before I ordered.
Thanks,
Tina

That's unfortunate to hear about the AMA books. It sounds like they're skimping on the paper quality to save on production, postage and to try and keep the book thinner.

Regarding the bleeding, maybe switching to a ballpoint vs a marker-style (felt/gel) pen will work better?

To try and help a little, I was able to grab 2 example pages of the Optum and Buck ICD-10-CM Manuals and show them below from the same sections. Hopefully, that will help with the decision-making process?

I pulled these from digital versions so I'm not certain how the paper quality compares. Maybe you can reach out to Elsevier and Optum to find out the paper density/weight (lb) they're using?

Here are the examples for Buck (2018) and Optum (2020). The large white margins on the sides are where the books are bound...so they won't be that large in person.

Buck

Optum

Last edited:
Thank you- this helps a lot. Looks like the Bucks maybe the way to go. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back