• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Planned Approach to Pass the COC Blitz

RamonaC_55791

I have taken the courses, Coding and Billing, first ICD 9 and then ICD 10 with upgraded A & P, plus upgraded Pathophysiology, and Medical Terminology. That was about 5 years ago.

I sat for AAPC-CPC. I had not learned the Guidelines well enough it seems. I failed.

I have the current CPT and ICD 10 CMS Manuals, I am going over and over the Guidelines, BUT I think I need some engagement oversight and counsel - AND I don't really know how to prepare for sitting for COC.

What would you suggest for me? I need a planned approach.

Thank you,
R Cook

Do I Need a Review Blitz or a Full Course?

Many people like you have had some sort of training - perhaps a few years ago - or have experience and are wondering if they really need a full Course or if a Review Blitz and some studying would be enough to pass the AAPC exam.
We recommend that you take a free Practice Exam for your desired credential in two hours and see how you score to decide.
If you score low - like below 65 or less - you may want to consider taking a full Course to relearn the material.
If you score 65 or higher, then you may want to consider the Review Blitz with Practice Exams until you're scoring an 85% per the CCO Proven Process.
A Review Blitz includes approximately two (2) days of material. They are not a substitute for a full course and using them exclusively as a tool for passing the AAPC without a prior full course will result in a failing score. The Review Blitzes are only meant to refine, review and refresh existing knowledge from a full course taken at CCO or somewhere else. It is not a full course nor do we advertise it as such anywhere. It also teaches exam strategy and test-taking tips.
A Full Course includes approximately 40-80 hours of core material meant to teach the material from scratch. They also include a Review Blitz and one Practice Exam.

We suggest you do the free COC practice exam to see how well you do before deciding if you need the full COC (FBC) course or just the COC review Blitz.

Back