• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved New 2022 Guideline Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalliP_67450

Can someone help explain this guideline some more? If a condition is is caused by the alcohol and has alcohol dependence, I was taught to use this F code in addition to the condition to provide more specificity.. I am now confused on what is considered a substance induced drug disorder? Thanks!!

Attachments

• F8F11CB8-2997-430E-9DDE-4714C761979E.jpeg
    F8F11CB8-2997-430E-9DDE-4714C761979E.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 11
You are correct. These are mental disorder.
Substance/medication-induced mental disorders refer to depressive, anxiety, psychotic, or manic symptoms that occur as a physiological consequence of the use of substances of abuse or medications. It may occur during active use, intoxication or withdrawal.

You are correct. These are mental disorder.
Substance/medication-induced mental disorders refer to depressive, anxiety, psychotic, or manic symptoms that occur as a physiological consequence of the use of substances of abuse or medications. It may occur during active use, intoxication or withdrawal.
Thanks! So, these substance-induced disorders they are talking about are MENTAL disorders then and not physical? :) Just want to make sure I am reading that correctly.

CCO usually has an updates webinar where we discuss these changes from year to year & they usually happen after the new manuals come out each year.

We may also do one for this particular guideline but don't worry I won't let you miss it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back