• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Level of service

Hello, for office visits and TLH 2024 I cannot locate what the highest level of service they can bill. One had said a level 2 is as high as they can bill but I cannot find anything that says that.

Hello, for office visits and TLH 2024 I cannot locate what the highest level of service they can bill. One had said a level 2 is as high as they can bill but I cannot find anything that says that.
TLH??

Telehealth is based on time and MDM like the other E/M codes. Is it audio only or video.

Non-Face-to-Face Services​

Online Digital Evaluation and Management Services​

99421 Online digital evaluation and management service, for an established patient, for up to 7 days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 5-10 minutes
99422 Online digital evaluation and management service, for an established patient, for up to 7 days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 11-20 minutes
99423 Online digital evaluation and management service, for an established patient, for up to 7 days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 21 or more minutes

99441Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional who may report evaluation and management services provided to an established patient, parent, or guardian not originating from a related E/M service provided within the previous 7 days nor leading to an E/M service or procedure within the next 24 hours or soonest available appointment; 5-10 minutes of medical discussion
99442 Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional who may report evaluation and management services provided to an established patient, parent, or guardian not originating from a related E/M service provided within the previous 7 days nor leading to an E/M service or procedure within the next 24 hours or soonest available appointment; 11-20 minutes of medical discussion
99443 Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional who may report evaluation and management services provided to an established patient, parent, or guardian not originating from a related E/M service provided within the previous 7 days nor leading to an E/M service or procedure within the next 24 hours or soonest available appointment; 21-30 minutes of medical discussion

Telehealth is based on time and MDM like the other E/M codes. Is it audio only or video.

Non-Face-to-Face Services​

Online Digital Evaluation and Management Services​

99421 Online digital evaluation and management service, for an established patient, for up to 7 days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 5-10 minutes
99422 Online digital evaluation and management service, for an established patient, for up to 7 days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 11-20 minutes
99423 Online digital evaluation and management service, for an established patient, for up to 7 days, cumulative time during the 7 days; 21 or more minutes

99441Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional who may report evaluation and management services provided to an established patient, parent, or guardian not originating from a related E/M service provided within the previous 7 days nor leading to an E/M service or procedure within the next 24 hours or soonest available appointment; 5-10 minutes of medical discussion
99442 Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional who may report evaluation and management services provided to an established patient, parent, or guardian not originating from a related E/M service provided within the previous 7 days nor leading to an E/M service or procedure within the next 24 hours or soonest available appointment; 11-20 minutes of medical discussion
99443 Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional who may report evaluation and management services provided to an established patient, parent, or guardian not originating from a related E/M service provided within the previous 7 days nor leading to an E/M service or procedure within the next 24 hours or soonest available appointment; 21-30 minutes of medical discussion
Yes, sorry I meant to ask if an APN can bill higher then a level 2 for telehealth and office I had one say they cannot bill higher then a level 2 however I could not locate that

Yes they can. Any provider can bill the levels and an APN is considered a provider like an MD or DO. So you are good. Now, you might run into trouble "if" other providers are billing the same service on the same day.

Yes they can. Any provider can bill the levels and an APN is considered a provider like an MD or DO. So you are good. Now, you might run into trouble "if" other providers are billing the same service on the same day.
ok I thought they could but this one is saying they were told they couldnt bill higher then a level 2. If you have any document for that it be great thank you

You can show the ANP the CMS APP fee schedule. For example Aetna is paying 85% of physicians rate- no restrictions on codes listed.
Maybe this ANP remembers when they were in a teaching program. Residents in a teaching program in clinic without teacher present can only bill level 3 or under. They have to use a GE modifer.

Back