• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved IN-FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about when this is applied, would this be 20690? I guess I get confused with the fact that the rod is subcutaneous.

An INFIX involves the insertion of spinal pedicle screws in the anterior pelvis (supra-acetabular entry) and the placement of a connecting rod in the subcutaneous tissue of the patient [5]. The INFIX may be augmented with other pelvic fixation as dictated by the nature of the injury.

20690 - Application of a uniplane (pins or wires in 1 plane), unilateral, external fixation system
20692 - Application of a multiplane (pins or wires in more than 1 plane), unilateral, external fixation system (eg, Ilizarov, Monticelli type)

The physician applies an external fixation device to encourage healing in a fracture or joint injury. Under general anesthesia, a drill is used to create small holes through the affected bones. Wires or pins are placed through the skin and bone holes and attached to the external fixation device. This device creates stability at the point of injury. Report code 20690 for a uniplane, unilateral, external fixation system, and code 20692 for a multiplane, unilateral, external fixation system.

I think we might need more information to help you with the correct code. I did find this really awesome article that may clarify the procedure process: https://journals.lww.com/jorthotrau.../Anterior_Subcutaneous_Internal_Pelvic.5.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back