• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

I Am Having A Time Here With Coding A Pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
CCO Admin asked:

Hi I am having a time here with coding a Pregnancy. Ok the pt is having Mono/Dia twins with DVT; She also has HTN; High Cholestral and is High Risk Now how many codes can I use from Chapter 15. And she is 14 and 1/2 weeks.It has been awhile since I coded a pregnancy and I am new to start with this is a practice question i found thank you

Answer:

* This is a fun one. From the start. Yes; all of these dx will contribute to her condition so you are going to code them. I may have to post this in several parts so forgive me.

Hi I am having a time here with coding a Pregnancy. Ok the pt is having Mono/Dia twins with DVT; She also has HTN; High Cholestral and is High Risk Now how many codes can I use from Chapter 15. And she is 14 and 1/2 weeks.It has been awhile since I coded a pregnancy and I am new to start with this is a practice question i found thank you.

The DVT makes everything important. HTN; and High Cholesterol will contribute to the DVT which puts the pregnancy at risk. From what you have given me so far I am looking at something like this:

O30.032 - Twin pregnancy; monochorionic/diamniotic; second trimester

O22.32 - Deep phlebothrombosis in pregnancy; second trimester

Use additionalcode to identify the deep vein thrombosis (I82.4-; I82.5-; I82.62-. I82.72-)
Use additionalcode; if applicable; for associated long-term (current) use of anticoagulants (Z79.01)

I10 - Essential (primary) hypertension

E78.5 - Hyperlipidemia; unspecified (But try to find out what type of lipidemia she has. There are so many and you want to be specific if you can.

Z3A.14 - 14 weeks gestation of pregnancy

Now you do not use o99.412 even though you might want to. It has an excludes and directs you to the o22.32 instead.

Remember! Once the baby is born everything changes. The charts separate. There always seems to be confusion there. IF WE COULD get a redacted copy of this patients encounter that would be fabulous. It is an EXCELLENT teaching moment. Appreciate your sharing it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back