• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved How to make check list for reviewing a claim

JenniferC_265

I would like to learn how to make check list for differnent offices. Such as when I am doing pre- admitting visits I have to make sure the pt has not been seen by another NP. Where when I am working my Chiropractic office I have to make sure the dx are allowed by Workerman Comp. So each office has a different check list. I wanted to know if there is master list to make sure that I am not missing a step when reviewing these claims Thank you

I would like to learn how to make check list for differnent offices. Such as when I am doing pre- admitting visits I have to make sure the pt has not been seen by another NP. Where when I am working my Chiropractic office I have to make sure the dx are allowed by Workerman Comp. So each office has a different check list. I wanted to know if there is master list to make sure that I am not missing a step when reviewing these claims Thank you
Here are some tips for creating effective checklists for different office settings:

- Identify the key tasks and requirements for each office or role. What are the most important things that need to be checked or verified?

- Create a template checklist for each office that includes sections like: Patient Information, Insurance Verification, Documentation, Orders, Referrals, Follow Up, etc. Add specific checklist items under each section.

- Leave room on the checklist to write in additional patient/case specifics. Generic checklists serve as a base, but you'll need to customize for each patient.

- Make sure to include legal, regulatory, and compliance items relevant to each office. For a chiropractor, include things like worker's comp requirements. For a medical office, include HIPAA compliance.

- Have an "Outstanding Items/To Do" section to keep track of anything still needing follow up after the initial encounter.

- Build in timelines, deadlines, and assigned owners for outstanding items to keep things moving.

- Make copies of master checklists for each office and keep them readily available. Customize the checklist for each patient.

- Review and update the checklists regularly to add, remove or modify items as protocols change.

- Consider adding visual cues like highlights or symbols to call out the most critical items that can't be missed.

The key is having robust role-specific templates you can easily adapt for each patient visit to ensure consistency and completeness. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Back