• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved GREAT CCO HELP/BAD TEST EXPERIENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnetteC_41409

Thanks to CCO, I zipped through most of my test according to plan, however when I went back to finalize my answers this happened.
“Re-took my COC exam today.
Not the best experience!
Too relaxed of an atmosphere for me... crowded room/small school desks and really disruptive. 🙁
I’m a test taker who goes to the very end.
How discouraging that the proctors allowed us to blurt time inquires out loud (even though there was a digital clock on the tv in front of the room!)
and students noisily rifled through their bags for loud cellophane wrapped snacks.
Other test experiences have been respectfully quiet and communication: discreet.
During the last 20 min. Several students got up to turn in tests and the room became very noisy...
No hushed tones, just loud talking.
I still had 5 questions left and enough time to work them but it was too noisy and I became
panicky and then outraged that this was happening.... not right!
I caught the proctor’s attention and said it was noisy and she goes,
“You still have 20 minutes...”
omgosh, REALLY?!
I finally gave up and just filled them in randomly.
It will really hurt if I don’t pass by 2 points!
Another nerve wracking thing happened. The proctor stood next to me and asked if I was finished as I was sealing my test book. I looked up at her and glanced at my book to place my label. She walked away and I realized I’d placed the label on top of the one I’d just stuck on... so my booklet wasn’t completely sealed. I couldn’t peel it off and had to turn in the booklet with a missing seal.
The proctors were not concerned and told me it wouldn’t matter.
Trying not to let this get to me.”
Feeling discouraged

I am sorry you had such a bad experience.

Please contact AAPC today!

11. If you find the exam environment too distracting, you may elect to discontinue testing. It will then be YOUR responsibility to contact AAPC to address your concerns on the first business day after your exam date. AAPC will review your concerns, and if any portion of the exam has been completed when you discontinued testing, AAPC reserves the right to still grade the exam.

I reported it yesterday and was given two options. Disregard this test- no grading
Or grade test and retake on my prescheduled date if I don’t pass.
I’m choosing to be graded

Glad you reported it. That sounded like a very distracting and unprofessional testing experience. I certainly hope you can skip any further tests by passing the first time. Good luck!

Thanks to CCO, I zipped through most of my test according to plan, however when I went back to finalize my answers this happened.
“Re-took my COC exam today.
Not the best experience!
Too relaxed of an atmosphere for me... crowded room/small school desks and really disruptive. 🙁
I’m a test taker who goes to the very end.
How discouraging that the proctors allowed us to blurt time inquires out loud (even though there was a digital clock on the tv in front of the room!)
and students noisily rifled through their bags for loud cellophane wrapped snacks.
Other test experiences have been respectfully quiet and communication: discreet.
During the last 20 min. Several students got up to turn in tests and the room became very noisy...
No hushed tones, just loud talking.
I still had 5 questions left and enough time to work them but it was too noisy and I became
panicky and then outraged that this was happening.... not right!
I caught the proctor’s attention and said it was noisy and she goes,
“You still have 20 minutes...”
omgosh, REALLY?!
I finally gave up and just filled them in randomly.
It will really hurt if I don’t pass by 2 points!
Another nerve wracking thing happened. The proctor stood next to me and asked if I was finished as I was sealing my test book. I looked up at her and glanced at my book to place my label. She walked away and I realized I’d placed the label on top of the one I’d just stuck on... so my booklet wasn’t completely sealed. I couldn’t peel it off and had to turn in the booklet with a missing seal.
The proctors were not concerned and told me it wouldn’t matter.
Trying not to let this get to me.”
Feeling discouraged
Oh my goodness that isn't right at all I hope they do the right thing and don't grade your exam and let you retake good luck to you I am so sorry that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back