• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved E&M job seeker question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inexplicably drawn to E&M coding. I am a newbie to coding (CPC at end of Nov 2020) and have no background in any medical field. Maybe the familiar talk about visits to the doc's office, etc in E&M is what draws me. I have no idea, but my mysterious curiosity about it pushed me to research it a bit more. In poking around on the internet, it was pointed out numerous times that E&M coding is 80% of coding -- and upon reflection, that makes sense with all those doc visits and whatnot.... So I'm thinking of really focusing additional effort into becoming an E&M coding expert -- or at least getting much, much better at it than I am now! -- and focusing my job search specifically on that type of coding. It seems this is a logical path to a greater number of job opportunities. Would you agree or am I missing something? TIA for your input!

I think this is a great idea. In fact you can get a certification for E/M coding. With the 2021 changes the leveling is not a difficult as it used to be. One of the things I would suggest is also working on your ability to train others. With the changes there is a need for this.

I am inexplicably drawn to E&M coding. I am a newbie to coding (CPC at end of Nov 2020) and have no background in any medical field. Maybe the familiar talk about visits to the doc's office, etc in E&M is what draws me. I have no idea, but my mysterious curiosity about it pushed me to research it a bit more. In poking around on the internet, it was pointed out numerous times that E&M coding is 80% of coding -- and upon reflection, that makes sense with all those doc visits and whatnot.... So I'm thinking of really focusing additional effort into becoming an E&M coding expert -- or at least getting much, much better at it than I am now! -- and focusing my job search specifically on that type of coding. It seems this is a logical path to a greater number of job opportunities. Would you agree or am I missing something? TIA for your input!
Congrats on passing the CPC! Yes, I agree totally with what you stated. There are definitely a lot of jobs out there if you have a good knowledge of E&M coding! Good luck!

I think this is a great idea. In fact you can get a certification for E/M coding. With the 2021 changes the leveling is not a difficult as it used to be. One of the things I would suggest is also working on your ability to train others. With the changes there is a need for this.
Yes, I am seeing that the leveling is not as hard. My productivity has actually gone up since last month. I have been contemplating the E&M certification, but I do not think that I have quite the experience yet.

I didn't realize there was a specific credential for E&M. Makes sense though. I'll look into it.Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back