• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Can You Learn Medical Billing without Taking a Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorahK_21371

Just wondering if medical billing can be self taught, what books are needed, etc? I am familiar with the coding aspect as I have a medical coding career diploma. My goal is to take my CPC exam before the end of the year. I'm on a budget as I'm trying to save money for the exam but I would like to learn more about the billing side. I have read that some newly coders don't start out in coding right away but in billing then work their way up.

It is not recommended.
Do I Need a Review Blitz (or self study) or a Full Course?

Many people like you have had some sort of training - perhaps a few years ago - or have experience and are wondering if they really need a full Course or if a Review Blitz and some studying would be enough to pass the AAPC exam.
We recommend that you take a free Practice Exam for your desired credential in two hours and see how you score to decide.
If you score low - like below 65 or less - you may want to consider taking a full Course to relearn the material.
If you score 65 or higher, then you may want to consider the Review Blitz with Practice Exams until you're scoring an 85% per the CCO Proven Process.
A Review Blitz includes approximately two (2) days of material. They are not a substitute for a full course and using them exclusively as a tool for passing the AAPC without a prior full course will result in a failing score. The Review Blitzes are only meant to refine, review and refresh existing knowledge from a full course taken at CCO or somewhere else. It is not a full course nor do we advertise it as such anywhere. It also teaches exam strategy and test-taking tips.
A Full Course includes approximately 40-80 hours of core material meant to teach the material from scratch. They also include a Review Blitz and one Practice Exam.

CCO has a free CPB practice exam here:

Live with CCO #005 | Healthcon 2019 | How Billing and Coding Go Together

Textbooks for the PBB billing course:

PBB billing course:

PBB Billing Blitz:

CPB practice exams:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back