• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved 2021 Coding Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAPC has the 2021 coding books on sale now. When the books ship later in the year do they have the 2021 guidelines or will the books still have 2020 guidelines. I was curious and also debating on ordering them because of the price. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

This is a question you should be asking AAPC. info@aapc.com but here is what we found on the website AAPC says 2020 manuals New! 2020 Official Guidelines – Find what you need for this year’s codes. AAPC’s books include the up-to-date Official Guidelines for ICD-10-CM and PCS. But in their FAQs they say
Are there chapter guidelines in these books?
We no longer include guidelines at the beginning of each chapter, because Official Guidelines come out after these books are sent to be printed. Now, you can find updates on our website on the Medical Coding Books Updates support page. This way, you always have access to the most current guidelines.
The ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines are allowed in all exams that list the ICD-10-CM as an approved resource
Question: My 2020 ICD-10 manual has last year's guidelines (2019). Can I print the 2020 guidelines and bring them in with me to the exam?

Answer: Yes you can. We confirmed by email from the exams department at the AAPC and Teresa Zarco stated:

"Yes, they [examinees] are allowed to bring a printout of the current years guidelines."
"if the proctors have any questions regarding the guidelines the day of the exam. they are more they welcome to contact Wendy Willes, her number is on the Proctor Confirmation."
You can find the guidelines in the BHAT® here: https://www.cco.community/threads/2020-icd-10-cm-annotated-guidelines.2242/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back