• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Which Version Of ICD-10-CM Manual Do You Recommend: AAPC, AMA, Optum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
CCO Admin asked:

I would like to know which version of ICD 10 CM you recommend; if any. AAPC? AMA? Thanks.

Answer:

It really depends on your personal preferences. Some of the publication are color coded; tabbed; bolder print; etc. The codes are the codes; they will be the same in whichever book/publisher you select. One word of caution is that you cannot use the Expert editions when sitting for your examinations.

Last edited:
Hi! I know this thread is old, but I was hoping you could clear things up for me. I am getting ready to buy my ICD-10-CM book and I see in your answer above that the Expert editions are not allowed when sitting for the exam. But on the AAPC site that is all they have. Does that mean I should only go for the Carol Buck version or the AMA one, but not he AAPC one?

AAPC has updated their information... http://static.aapc.com/aapc/documents/proctor-to-examinee.pdf ,with a screenshot of the books allowed for certification below. If you are sitting for an exam I would make sure the books you purchase are on the list. Otherwise, if it is for your daily job, I know people go with the book that best suits their interests (spiral bound, different layouts, etc).

Attachments

• 1585675434819.png
    1585675434819.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back