• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Where to go next

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaC_56482

Good afternoon,

I currently hold my CRC and CPC-A certifications, soon to be dropping the "A". I am wondering what certification to sit for next. I have interest in either the CIC, CPMA, or the CDEO. Currently, I work for my local hospital as an ACO Risk Adjustment Clinical Coder doing some provider education. The bulk of what I do is filling out forms and auditing patient documents to make sure the codes are there. I really would like to grow as a coder and I feel that I need to do more than forms on a day in, day out basis.

I do like finding "holes" in the documentation and am wondering if CPMA or CDEO would be better suited for me. I have been doing some research on each credential I mentioned above. I will be honest and say I do not know how easy it would be to get the required 16 specialty CEUs for either the CPMA or the CDEO and that part seems a bit daunting.

Thank you for any and all advice you can give.

It really depends on your end goals.

CCO has a credential path tool available here:

CCO only has the PBMA for CPMA we do not have a CDEO course at this time we apologize.

CEUs -You need 36 CEUs every 2 years for the CPC/CRC credentials & if you get either of these certifications:
  • If CPMA, 16 must be related to auditing
  • If CDEO, 16 must be related to documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back