• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Taking the Online AAPC CPC Exam with a Chromebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorahK_21371

I asked a medical coder on Youtube who is a fellow with AAPC and she said I should be able to use a Chromebook. I read Examity says it doesn't support it
which is strange imo. I do have a laptop that has Windows 7 that's been buried (put away) for months due to the wire in the charger going bad, but works as long as
I keep my dumbbell on the cord plugging into the laptop. Anyway just curious if anyone went through with it with their Chromebook. I'm confused as how someone from AAPC tells me its ok to use it when Examity says different.

No you can not use a Chromebook.

You can see more about the online exam on this post;

You will be required to use an external webcam that can be placed to show:
  • Your face
  • Your hands
  • Your keyboard
  • The area surrounding your keyboard (about 10 inches)
So when they say "external", they basically mean a USB webcam that is connected to your PC/Laptop via a cable and capable of being moved around to show everything. If you plan on using your laptop's built-in webcam, that will not be accepted per their requirements.

Confirmed "no" from the exam providers, Examity. https://cbookreviewguide.com/chromebook-compatible-external-webcam/

NFf3UXY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back