• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Real World Coding Vs. Coding For Certification Exams

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Chandra Stephenson asked:

Okay. I was encouraged to put my questions here. One in particular is while I understand that we are learning content and learning strategies to help us succeed; especially on the CPC board exam. I wonder what coding will be like in the "real world?" We will not have any answers in front of us to "eliminate" but we will be asked to apply the correct code and code descriptor. So; how does this apply to the outside of school coding? Is it that the content that we are learning will become solidified in our brains when we code for real? I hope this question comes across as curiosity and that is all. Sorry to be philosophical; but those wheels were turning

Answer:

Coding in the real world will require you to put to use all the knowledge you have gain throughout your course of study. You are correct; you will not have a list of answers that you"ll be able to use process of elimination to narrow down. Instead; much like when you are working cases in the workbooks and texts; you"ll have cases you have to code by applying the knowledge you have gained. For example; you may have a laceration repair to code and will be expected to know how to find those codes (starting in the index and finding the corresponding codes in the Integumentary section); being able to determine what information in the note is pertinent for code assignment (in the laceration example - length; extent; and body part); etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back