• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Real-world Coding: Enter Codes Into The Computer System

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Chandra Stephenson asked:

I am on Chapter 7; Integumentary Section. I have also been wondering about coding for an actual job and whether or not I will be able to code "on my own" without multiple choices as given in the workbook; textbook; class tests; and the CPC exam. I am hoping that; since I still have a ways to go before I finish; that it will all come together in the end. I have printed all the answers and their rationales to review. I am a little nervous also about the use of a computer system of entering these codes in an actual provider office -- will there be any training with actually learning how to enter codes into a computer system in this class? Thanks :)

Answer:

No; the course does not include learning how to enter codes into a billing system as there are a number of different billing systems out there and each is a little different from the next. Even if different organizations use the same system; chances are their version has been customized in some way for them. That is part of the on-the-job training that occurs with most coding and billing related positions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back