• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved R11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniM_13794

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
Medical Coding Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
Have a question about 2021 code R11.0 (Nausea). It shows an extra digit is needed, yet I don't see any fifth digit for this code. Help!

Have a question about 2021 code R11.0 (Nausea). It shows an extra digit is needed, yet I don't see any fifth digit for this code. Help!
R11 shows it needs a 4th digit which would make it R11.0 but it does not need a fifth. Vomiting (R11.1) needs a 5th digit which is R11.10-R11.15!

Thank you KalliP! Just finally looked it up and was going to post the same thing :)
Thank you for your quick reply. I attached a pic of what that code (R11.0) looks like in my book. Am I crazy or what?!! That red dot in my ICD-10 represents 'Use Additional Character' ... I'm using the Carol Buck publication.

Attachments

• R11.0.jpg
    R11.0.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for your quick reply. I attached a pic of what that code (R11.0) looks like in my book. Am I crazy or what?!! That red dot in my ICD-10 represents 'Use Additional Character' ... I'm using the Carol Buck publication.
Yea that is weird. I use Optum ICD-10-CM book and love it!! Maybe for the 2022 book, look into getting the Optum. It is extremely detailed compared to that picture and other pages I have seen from the book from other people. It actually says the number the code needs to go to.

Hi Lori,
I have the Carol Buck 2021 ICD-10-CM -- finding that in Alpha a lot of codes don't have the addl character icon when required and a major contradiction in chapter guidelines in Z codes and what is shown in Tabular. She does put the chapter specific guidelines in the tabular right above the code set it applies to. Does the Optum do the same? I think I need to rebuy, as Buck seems like has errors.

Sorry, I do not have a Buck or Optum version so I am not sure if it is correct.

CCO has a Z Code thread here that may help you:

Hi Lori, I'm sorry -- I meant to ask if the AAPC ICD-10-CM places the chapter-specific guidelines in the Tabular at the beginning of each chapter and also snip-its of the guidelines within the chapter above the codes they apply to?

I do have the AAPC ICD-10 & it does not have guidelines in each chapter for example this is Chapter 21.

chapter 21.jpeg

Hi Lori,
I have the Carol Buck 2021 ICD-10-CM -- finding that in Alpha a lot of codes don't have the addl character icon when required and a major contradiction in chapter guidelines in Z codes and what is shown in Tabular. She does put the chapter specific guidelines in the tabular right above the code set it applies to. Does the Optum do the same? I think I need to rebuy, as Buck seems like has errors.
Optum does have the guidelines in the front of the book as well as right in front of the chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back