• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetA_51595

Have a client that is interested in billing mental health codes
anyone have a link to share ?
also in who is considered a technican for billing 96138

Per Find A Code:
Psychological or neuropsychological testing is performed to evaluate brain and mental function and impairment using standardized tests such as Halstead-Reitan Neuropsychological Battery, Wechsler Memory Scales, and Wisconsin Card Sorting Test. These codes report time-based testing services for two or more tests administered and are reported per 30 minutes of face-to-face time spent administering and scoring the tests. The psychologist, neuropsychologist, neurologist, or other qualified professional identifies and selects the appropriate tests to be administered. In a face-to-face encounter, the tests are administered. Raw and standardized scores are derived. Report 96136 for the first 30 minutes of test administration and scoring done by a physician or other qualified health care professional and 96137 for each additional 30 minutes. Report 96138 for the first 30 minutes of test administration and scoring done by a technician and 96139 for each additional 30 minutes. Report 96146 when the test is given and scored by a single automated, standardized instrument via electronic platform. The test data is returned to a qualified health care professional for interpretation, evaluation, and written report.

I LOVE what InnoviaHealth has for billing ICD-10. They have a 2021 ICD-10-CM Behavioral Health Cheatsheet as well as an amazing Manual for the same. You can use our CCO.us Link to get 15% off. I got mine in the mail this week. www.findacode.com/cco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back