• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Passing the CPC Exam

This is the first I've heard about this. Thanks for letting us know! It seems like anyone with a recognized ADA disability is granted 1 extra hour to take the exam. Source

Did you pass? If so, don't forget to officially let us know at http://www.cco.us/passed-the-exam/ and congrats!

And if you would like to help us spread the word about CCO, we would greatly appreciate it. Here is a link to leave a review for others to see:

My story is something that I didn't know existed. I have a disability and there is extra time available if you have anything that falls under the disability act. That extra time made all the difference.
Congradulations, I am currently studying to take the CPC. I also have a disability. I’m taking the test online and already paid for it. Can you explain to me how to go about getting extra time. It would greatly be appreciated.

Congradulations, I am currently studying to take the CPC. I also have a disability. I’m taking the test online and already paid for it. Can you explain to me how to go about getting extra time. It would greatly be appreciated.

You have to contact the AAPC customer service and request ADA accommodation. Getting it in writing would be your best bet.

I had to have a doctor type note. The AAPC at least in my case wanted an official note. I got the max extension of one extra hour

My story is something that I didn't know existed. I have a disability and there is extra time available if you have anything that falls under the disability act. That extra time made all the difference.
That is wonderful that you extra time to finish the exam.

AAPC Rae did a live FB yesterday where she mentions DA accommodations & why they don't have them for the online exam yet.

Back