• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved On a practice CPC exam, the question is:

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Bot

Automated Robot
Staff member
QUESTION:

vlhof:

Which of the following drugs is not pending FDA approval?
a. 90664 (this is supposed to be the correct answer)
b. 90666
c. 90667
d. 90668

In the CPT manual I have, all of the codes are marked with a lightning icon, indicating they are all FDA approval pending. Also, I looked for the answer on the internet and found that all of the above codes (a through d) are now FDA-approved. So what is the correct answer?

Thank you.

ANSWER THREAD:

Ruth Sheets:

Things change! I suspect you are looking at a practice test that is based on the previous CPT Manual and was last updated early this year for people taking the CPT exam.

Previously, all the choices were pending FDA approval, as you indicated. In the updated CPT Manual 90664 is for an influenza virus vaccine that was FDA-approved. So that is why it is the correct answer.

Since early this year the FDA has been doing something with our tax money and perhaps got around to approving the vaccines for the other codes. However, I just checked Supercoder, and for 90666 - 90668 they are still showing the lightning bolt for these codes. So maybe you have more recent info, but the practice exam questions are based on the manuals for a particular year, not what is on the internet or in special bulletins from the FDA.

As long as you know how to find the type of information that the question is asking, and you have the current CPT manuals when you take the real exam, you will be fine.

Dolores Soliz:

Things change! I suspect you are looking at a practice test that is based on the CPT Manual and was last updated early year for people taking the CPT exam.

Previously, all the choices were pending FDA approval, as you indicated. In the CPT Manual 90664 is for an influenza virus vaccine that was FDA approved. So that is the why it is the correct answer.

Since early this year, the FDA has been doing something with our tax money and perhaps got around to approving the vaccines for the other codes. However, I just checked Supercoder, and for 90666 - 90668 they are still showing the lightning bolt for these codes. So maybe you have more recent info, but the practice exam questions are based on the manuals for a particular year, not what is on the internet or in special bulletins from the FDA.

As long as you know how to find the type of information that the question is asking, and you have the current CPT manuals when you take the real exam, you will be fine.
I agree...went directly to contents to look up where the pending approval codes were & there they are. Contents help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back