• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Obsessive Compulsive Behavior Does Not Risk Adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Donna Garrett asked:

This hit me wrong because I thought OCD affects a persons life and is very long ongoing; I do not know if there is a cure; but when it is bad; it takes lots and lots of therapy; ongoing and ongoing. My question began from page 115 in the text; in the box where it gives a list of diagnoses that do not risk adjust. Finally I realized this is from the R section and not the F section. So now this brings the question; does obsessive compulsive DISORDER from the F section risk adjust?

I am a newbie in the CRC study. Am having a terrible time squinting my eyes tight enough to read the fine print in both the text and the ICD book. Got one of those full page magnifiers; was so excited; but it does not really magnify the whole page; just a big central portion magnifies and then you have to pull it up and down to bring it into focus; very frustrating. Am thinking I need to see my eye doctor and get a RX for magnifier glasses. Too much astigmatism; so cannot just go toddling down to the local WalMart to get magnifier readers. Would like to hear feedback of how any of you coped with this.

Thanks; Donna

Answer:

Tiffany Baca wrote:

Hi Donna; I agree the print is very small and even though I wear glasses I still have to get close to the book to read the writing. The book I use for ICD-10 has HCC or RxHCC next to the codes; however; if your book does not have the HCC or RxHCC next to the codes; use the CMS HCC/RxHCC mappings list which I had posted the link to on one of your other questions to see if a code risk adjust or not.

Most codes in the R section do not risk adjust. However; F42.9 (Obsessive-compulsive disorder; unspecified) does risk adjust.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back