• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved New Type of Coder

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimmarieL_16282

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
FBC Course
Medical Billing Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
Outpatient Blitz
Risk Adjustment Blitz
Free CPB Exam
So a while back I saw a coding survey asking if coders were familiar with a new term used to describe a coder who handles coding all charts that a patient has on a DOS regardless of the type (ie., inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory) ? Does anyone know the name of the this type of coding position?

You found it!!! Great article, thanks for sharing. I agree this is a new and future way we will be coding. That means you need to be very familiar with all the code sets. They have clinicians do this a lot. Mostly because they know all the different types of documentation.

This is also another way to prep the chart (all documentation) for risk adjustment as the MAO's want things in order before it gets to them. In addition, it is a form of auditing. With risk adjustment they have a relative new term called "Complete Capture". What they are doing is capturing ALL dx codes for the patient not just the ones that risk adjust (carry and HCC).

One of the main reasons why I always teach and advise my students to learn both CPC and COC coding guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back