• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved New to E/M Coding and Leveling and So Confused

KatrinaF_69779

BHAT® Cave
Medical Coding Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
Outpatient Blitz
Free ICD-10-CM GL Exam
I'm trying to understand E/M Coding and Leveling in preparation for the CPC exam I plan to take some time next year. Unfortunately, everywhere I look, the examples and videos online go over E/M as if the watcher has already passed the CPC and can use charts and various tools. This, however, is not the case for those of us still studying for the CPC exam. I'm pretty sure we can't use those same charts and cheat sheets during an actual exam. The CPT manual has E/M tables to use during the exam, but I can't find any videos on how to interpret them correctly. I am struggling to gain a better understanding. I feel that if these tables are truly efficient enough to answer questions during the exam, shouldn't there be some video or something showing how to interpret them to be used during examinations properly? Can someone help me understand how to use them? Where are the videos on E/M coding and leveling as if the watcher is actually taking the exam and won't have cheat sheets or tools? I would hate to fail the exam because I got all the E/M questions wrong, which determined my failure.

I have great news for you. We are getting ready to record the new E/M area of the CPT manual and will be offering it LIVE for our members. You still of course get a recording for it in the BHAT cave. You can see the annoucement for it in the forum. After you watch I believe all your questions about E/M leveling will be answered. And if not we are here to walk you through any questions you may still have.

E/M leveling is so much easier then it used to be. With it now being based on Medical Decsion Making (what is wrong with the pt) or time the light bulb should go off for you with a little extra insight.

Back