• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved New CPC exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennaS_52681

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
MTA Course
Medical Coding Blitz
Medical Billing Blitz
ICD-10-CM Blitz
Risk Adjustment Blitz
Free CPC Exam
Free CPB Exam
Free CRC Exam
Free ICD-10-CM Exam
what is the new section called cases for the Cpc exam for 2022? Is it still multiple choice questions? Please explain this for me?

Thank you
Tenna

There are now 10 cases that are NOT multiple choice as I just waited in AAPC chat for 30 minutes to confirm this for everyone asking. :)

AAPC just returned from the holiday break & will be further updating the website soon as well.

AAPC 10 case.jpg

CCO recently released this free resource to help:

Abstracting the Basis of Coding​

This Abstracting the Basis of Coding Job Aid tool helps medical coders properly code charts by following a sequence of systematic steps and checklists.

If you’re new to medical coding and need help coding charts, then this free download will help out immensely.

Will CCO be doing a webinar on these case studies of the Cpc exam

From what I understand that has been explained these will be 10 case studies that you have to code for accuracy from documentation provided. So instead of these being multiple choice they will be fill in the blanks.
Thank you!

Will CCO be doing a webinar on these case studies of the Cpc exam
This is a tough question to answer since CCO staff sat on the CPC exam prior to these changes and no one has seen the cases except for AAPC exam writers as of today. Once we have a better idea of the questions, we'll do our best to address them.

This is a tough question to answer since CCO staff sat on the CPC exam prior to these changes and no one has seen the cases except for AAPC exam writers as of today. Once we have a better idea of the questions, we'll do our best to address them.
Thank you!!

The AAPC confirmed today that the 10 Case Studies are multiple-choice, NOT fill-in-the-blanks as their chat support had previously told us. We do not know in what order the questions are shown as of yet.

mYpLbwI.jpeg

Where can I locate a PDF of this presentation and any Q&As answered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back