• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved New books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmekaB_48722

hello all,

I will be taking my CPC test in March and I have the 2020 books but I see we have updates for 2021; my question is should I buy new books or is there an easier way to up date my 2020 books for the test soon?

It is possible to use the 2020 books to take a test in 2021 for AAPC. Some proctors may not allow it, but it is the test-takers option. The answer may not be accurate for some questions.
To update your 2020 book with the 2021 code changes, you can pencil them in. Do NOT glue or tape any information as you will be required to pull those off your page. This may be a daunting task however to write all the new codes. Plus directions for proctors indicate notations required for daily work can be include but not lengthy content.
Can you borrow a 2021 book from someone? There is nothing on AAPC that indicates you cannot bring 2 books - one of each year. The 2020 with your notes and the 2021 you borrowed may be something to consider. If that is the case, I would notify your proctor ahead of time to let them know you intend to bring two copies. Personally, I would allow it as a proctor; but everyone is different.
And I am not sure if you are doing the online exam what they do with two manuals. If that is the option, I would call AAPC if you are doing the online exam.

We do not recommend it!

CPT:
The revised E/M office visit codes are among 329 editorial changes in the 2021 CPT code set, including 206 new codes, 54 deletions, 69 revisions.

ICD-10-CM:
Codes not in the ICD-10-CM manual for 2021!
2021 new ICD codes.png
AAPC FAQ:

AAPC WHAT year manuals.png

If money is a factor some people are using quad pay to buy manuals.

Read more about manuals here:

It is possible to use the 2020 books to take a test in 2021 for AAPC. Some proctors may not allow it, but it is the test-takers option. The answer may not be accurate for some questions.
To update your 2020 book with the 2021 code changes, you can pencil them in. Do NOT glue or tape any information as you will be required to pull those off your page. This may be a daunting task however to write all the new codes. Plus directions for proctors indicate notations required for daily work can be include but not lengthy content.
Can you borrow a 2021 book from someone? There is nothing on AAPC that indicates you cannot bring 2 books - one of each year. The 2020 with your notes and the 2021 you borrowed may be something to consider. If that is the case, I would notify your proctor ahead of time to let them know you intend to bring two copies. Personally, I would allow it as a proctor; but everyone is different.
And I am not sure if you are doing the online exam what they do with two manuals. If that is the option, I would call AAPC if you are doing the online exam.
yes I am taking the online exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back