• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Job Hunting Post Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahL_68955

Hi! Just wanted to ask about what everyone's experience with looking for/obtaining a job was like after passing their certification exams? I'm really concerned that my lack of having a job in any kind of healthcare during my schooling for this certification is going to prevent me from getting a position in coding. I don't want to work in a hospital, I'd rather start out and maybe stay in the private practice sector, but am wondering how long it will take me to find something with only my certification under my belt. Will doctor's offices even consider my application for an interview if they see I don't have current or recent work experience in healthcare? I've had past medical training, so I'm not unfamiliar with the healthcare world. Thanks in advance!

Perhaps inquire as to an internship possibility with an option to hire. AAPC does offer Practicode that shows competency in coding once completed and can be listed on resume.

Perhaps inquire as to an internship possibility with an option to hire. AAPC does offer Practicode that shows competency in coding once completed and can be listed on resume.
Oh! Thank you so much for the information! Do you know approximately how long it takes to get through all of Practicode? I'm looking to be job hunting in the next 2 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back