• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Inpatient coding

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a big "it depends" question. There are so many factors that affect the answer to this question that it is difficult to answer. For example...
  • Are there many inpatient jobs or facilities available in your area? If you're located in a rural area, you'll have a harder time finding inpatient work.
  • Do you have other experience that will make you attractive for the role? Sometimes employers are willing to overlook direct experience so they can train you "their way". But being trainable and having a history of past relevant work or schooling is important.
We have a free report here that explains how to land your first job in medical coding:

What coding certification do you have? If CIC/CCS, employers may be more inclined to hire on probationary period.

I was just speaking hypothetically. Currently I only have the RHIT. However, I did purchase the CIC & CPC blitz. Thanks for this insight. This is super helpful and motivating at the same time !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back