• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

In The E&M Section Out Beside The Codes We Mark By The Codes Like Pps; Ees; Ddl; Ccm; Cch ; Eel; Ddm Can Some Tell Me What They Stand For Or

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
CCO Admin asked:

I have a question it may be dumb but I just want to ask and get clarification: In the E&M; section out beside the codes we mark by the codes like PPS; EES; DDL; CCM; CCH ; EEL; DDM can some tell me what they stand for?

Answer:

Answer #1:Misty Haralson wrote: these are your levels of E/M. in each box they go into is the level. so for example your PPS; would be problem focused history; problem focused exam; and straight forward medical decision making. so this would be you code 99212 for an established PT.
EEL= EXPANDED PROBLEM FOCUS HISTORY; expanded problem exam; and medical decision making of LOW.
I hope this helps or if that answers your question.

Answer #2- Tiffany Baca wrote:

the letters outside of the codes in the E/M section stand for the H (history); E (exam); M (medical decision making).

The first letter is going to indicate what level the history is; the second letter is going to indicate what level the exam is and the third letter is going to indicate what level the medical decision making is. If you look at the code and the letters besides them they correspond to the description of the history; exam and medical decision making (HEM)

Codes with PPS =

P - problem focused history
P - problem focused exam
S - straightforward medical decision making.

Codes with EES =

E - expanded problem focused history
E- expanded problem focused exam
S - straightforward medical decision making

Codes with DDL =

D - detailed history
D - detailed exam
L - medical decision making of low complexity

Codes with CCM =
C - comprehensive history
C - comprehensive exam
M - medical decision making of moderate complexity

Does this make more sense? If not; please let me know. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back