• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

If I Work In Both Ip And Op Setting Would I Need Both The Physician And Hospital Versions From The Publishers Who Only Offer Those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
CCO Admin asked:

I searched the forum hoping this subject was brought up; but could not find it. I am looking at different publishers of ICD 10 CM manuals. If I work in both IP and OP setting would I need both the physician and hospital versions from the publishers who only offer those? I know AAPC and a couple others sell 1 ICD 10 CM. I noticed a couple others I like; but they divide theirs by IP and OP. Anyone have advise about this?

Answer:

We have not talked about this in a while. Thank you for bringing it up. I believe there is a YouTube video we did in the past.

In my opinion if you are doing both out and inpatient coding I would go ahead and get the inpatient manual for ICD. The reason being is it has a few extras that are helpful (most publishers). Keep in mind that there is not a copyright on ICD like there is with CPT so you can get all types of versions etc. My favorite has always been Carol Bucks manuals via Elsevier however the AAPC has been improving and now they have extra pages for note.

Just know that both have the same content as far as codes are concerned and guidelines. You can use both for coding. The key is the bonus content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back