• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved ICD-10-CM Printed Guidelines for exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm scheduled to take my CRC exam on June 12th.
I was checking with the proctor if I'm allowed to take the printed guidelines along with the ICD-10-CM book and she was unsure of it and added that the guidelines are already in the book.
I remember writing to AAPC last year prior to taking the online CPC exam and AAPC mentioned that they are definitely NOT allowed for online exam but are allowed for in person exam.
When I shared the same with the proctor, she wanted me to send her the guidelines that I plan on printing. But I understand that it is proprietary to CCO, so I have NOT done that.
Is it ok if I send a one pager from the document so she gets an idea? Or is it a complete no-no?
Regards
Uma

I think it is fine to share with the proctor of your exam.

The CRC is not yet online.
https://www.cco.us/online-cpc-exam-faq/

These are for CPC exam but CRC is the same.

It only states not allowed for online exams.

AAPC no online guidelines.png

Any officially published errata for these manuals may also be used. No other manuals are allowed. Each code set is updated annually; it is essential that examinees use the current calendar year's coding manuals when taking the certification exam. Questions on the CPC and COC tests do not require the use of any other outside material.

The latest guidelines were on Dec 16, 2020.

https://www.cms.gov/medicare/icd-10/2021-icd-10-cm

AAPC official eratta.jpg

You are allowed to mark up the guidelines in your manual so it is also allowed on the printed guidelines.

CPC allowed in book.jpg

AAPC tip #2 is well-marked codebooks.

AAPC exam tips.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back