• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

I Am Trying To Do Practicode In Their 6 Month Special. If I Dont Finish How Can I Word It So I Can Use What I Have Done Towords Experiance On A Resume

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
CCO Admin asked:

I am trying to do Practicode in their 6 month special. If I dont finish how can I word it so I can use what I have done towords experiance on a resume?

Answer:

While you are waiting for responses; I found an [excellent response](https://www.aapc.com/memberarea/forums/118678-practicode-cpc-practicum-post379655.html#post379655) by Rhonda Crouch; CPC; CPMA; CHONC. Here is her answer:

> I tell people to list this on their resume and explain that it is for 1 year practical coding experience after certification was received.
This shows you went above and beyond in obtaining further coding experience. I also would apply to jobs looking for 1 year of experience and use that as experience. They cannot do anymore than turn you down so you have nothing to lose.

I hired a coder that had the CPC-A and have not been disappointed. She had to be willing to learn oncology coding; drugs; infusions; etc but has done a good job. The -A- does not always hold you back from getting a job.

Polish your interviewing skills; research the company that you are applying to; have questions about their processes; be positive and let them know that you have studied hard and are ready to put your knowledge to use to help them achieve their coding goals. Research common interview questions and practice your response to them. Do not apologize for not having job experience. Stress the experience you gained through your training or through practicode and how YOU can HELP them. Use multiple sources when looking for jobs to apply to and apply to everything. Send thank you notes or emails and again state what you can do for them. This puts your name and skills back in front of them. Do NOT ask about salary; benefits or vacation durring an interview. These will be discussed either at the end of the interview or during the selection process if you are chosen. Make sure your cell phone is OFF during interviews.

I hope this information helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back