• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved HCC Interview Assesment TIPS

NYGERM_82574

Free CRC Exam
Free ICD-10-CM Exam
I have preious experience with HCC Coding and im currently looking to move back to HCC on a permanent basis. Recently I haven't been applying and recieving positive feedback from recruiters. Im having a hard time passing the assessment. It seems either they want you to code based on the ICD guidelines or they want you to code based on supporting documentation.
Can anyone please im desperate if anyone has any helpful tips that I can write down that will be helpful? Are there any helpful sites for the hcc guidelines for documentation, acceptable specialites, etc. And how to narrow down the correct answer to choose🥴

I will also have Alicia chime in.

Here are some hopefully helpful links for HCC.

You can search CCO Replays here:

Medical Coding Mini-Guide for Newbies
This Medical Coding Mini-Guide for Newbies is the perfect start for anyone starting out in Medical Coding. This exclusive 51-page guide covers everything you need to know about the world of medical coding including…
  • What is medical coding?
  • What do I need to learn to become a coder?
  • Which certification should I pick?
  • What do you want in a school?
  • What kind of salary should you expect?
  • Can you work remotely as a new medical coder?
  • Why employers require experience.
  • Tips for your medical coding job search.
  • Plus helpful tips to learn medical coding.
If you’re interested in learning about medical coding, this free download will help!
https://www.cco.us/medical-coding-mini-guide-newbies/

The Judge Group is seeking 400 remote ENTRY LEVEL HCC coders!!
Start dates are through out July and August, typically Mondays!
Description:
Entry Level HCC Coders only
Must reside in the USA
Prefer CPC-A through AAPC!
YOU MUST BE CERTIFIED THROUGH AAPC OR AHIMA please send certification with your resume!
No HCC experience is required

Fully remote and all equipment provided, but must be able to hardwire into internet
First 4-6 weeks is training. NO time off at all during training. Times are 8am-5pm CST!
After training you can switch up your schedule (still 8 hours per day M-F) and take days off, however they are not paid. You can make up for them by doing OT! OT is paid at time and a half.
Full time hours only! No Part time
Please direct all inquires here & send your resume and AAPC or AHIMA member ID number to Dominique DeMarco DDeMarco2@judge.com for immediate consideration!! I will give candidates a call once I receive your resume and certification.

Times have changed a bit regarding pre employment exams for RA or HCC work. Before they only wanted you to pass a test on the ICD Guidelines. Now they are throwing in basic knowledge of how RA works.
I noticed you picked up our ICD 10 exam and I believe that will help you a lot. I would also encourage you to take our Free RA exam. That will give you an idea of what you will need to know. ANY time you want to ask a question you know you can ask here.

For now:
Re-read the ICD-10 guidelines
Focus on DM coding
Heavy hitting HCC's like CKD, CHF, COPD, HTN & DM knowledge of the disease process will be helpful as well.

I will also have Alicia chime in.

Here are some hopefully helpful links for HCC.

You can search CCO Replays here:

Medical Coding Mini-Guide for Newbies
This Medical Coding Mini-Guide for Newbies is the perfect start for anyone starting out in Medical Coding. This exclusive 51-page guide covers everything you need to know about the world of medical coding including…
  • What is medical coding?
  • What do I need to learn to become a coder?
  • Which certification should I pick?
  • What do you want in a school?
  • What kind of salary should you expect?
  • Can you work remotely as a new medical coder?
  • Why employers require experience.
  • Tips for your medical coding job search.
  • Plus helpful tips to learn medical coding.
If you’re interested in learning about medical coding, this free download will help!
https://www.cco.us/medical-coding-mini-guide-newbies/

The Judge Group is seeking 400 remote ENTRY LEVEL HCC coders!!
Start dates are through out July and August, typically Mondays!
Description:
Entry Level HCC Coders only
Must reside in the USA
Prefer CPC-A through AAPC!
YOU MUST BE CERTIFIED THROUGH AAPC OR AHIMA please send certification with your resume!
No HCC experience is required

Fully remote and all equipment provided, but must be able to hardwire into internet
First 4-6 weeks is training. NO time off at all during training. Times are 8am-5pm CST!
After training you can switch up your schedule (still 8 hours per day M-F) and take days off, however they are not paid. You can make up for them by doing OT! OT is paid at time and a half.
Full time hours only! No Part time
Please direct all inquires here & send your resume and AAPC or AHIMA member ID number to Dominique DeMarco DDeMarco2@judge.com for immediate consideration!! I will give candidates a call once I receive your resume and certification.

Thank you so much

Back