• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Debulking of transplanted parathyroid tissue on forearm

ErnaV_2250

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
Good day
The doctor's note states: he performed a debuting of the parathyroid tissue in the left forearm [The auto-transplant was performed in Sept 2021]the patient developed tertiary hyper parathyroidism. The doctor removed 90% of the transplanted parathyroid tissue from the forearm.
How will this procedure be coded?

Thanks
Erna

Last edited:
Hi Alicia, it is a claim.
The detailed information read as follows: History: Total parathyroidectomy, and re-implantation in the left forearm of one gland. [Sept 2021] Recent: The PTH has increased to a level above 1000, and he developed a palpable mass in the left fore arm. Fortunately, the calcium level has not increased above 3 mmol/L, after his written informed consent was obtained and the potassium and sodium level were acceptable, he was brought to theatre on 6th March ........[prep info ...lines, etc.] ...... a debulking of the parathyroid tissue in the left forearm was performed. ...haemostasias .... pressure bandage....t/f to ward....

I considered the following codes:
PPX: 60699 Unlisted procedure, endocrine system
SPX: 25999 Unlisted procedure, forearm and wrist

Sjoe, this just feel so 'incomplete'.

Erna

Last edited:
Hi Alicia , just following up. We have in the mean time billed this case with the codes as I mentioned above , were just wondering if there is perhaps any other options that you guys think one should consider/code Thanks

I have a peer I am reaching out to. In the mean time our local chapter had this presentation on Monday which may be helpful. I am trying to upload it but it is to large.

A peer did get back with me and agreed with the unlisted codes you picked.

Last edited:
Back