• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved Cystoscopy urethral (railroading) dilatation

ErnaV_2250

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
Morning all, Please can I ask with assistance. The doctor wrote Cystoscopy urethral (railroading) dilatation in the perioperative information. My challenge is around 'railroading' from what I understand this is is "an older classical method of treating complete rupture of membranous urethra. Complete rupture of membranous urethra causes floating of prostate and disruption of urethral continuity.
This technique rail road a catheter across the gap and drawing the prostate down on to the triangular ligament." How will one code this?
52281 Cystourethroscopy, with calibration and/or dilation of urethral stricture or stenosis, with or without meatotomy, with or without injection procedure for cystography, male or female

Morning all, Please can I ask with assistance. The doctor wrote Cystoscopy urethral (railroading) dilatation in the perioperative information. My challenge is around 'railroading' from what I understand this is is "an older classical method of treating complete rupture of membranous urethra. Complete rupture of membranous urethra causes floating of prostate and disruption of urethral continuity.
This technique rail road a catheter across the gap and drawing the prostate down on to the triangular ligament." How will one code this?
52281 Cystourethroscopy, with calibration and/or dilation of urethral stricture or stenosis, with or without meatotomy, with or without injection procedure for cystography, male or female
Yes, 52281 would be appropriate

Back