• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Can Someone Tell Me What "External" And "Internal" Means In The Code Descriptions 92960 And 92961?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
CCO Admin asked:

Good evening. Can someone tell me what "external" and "internal" means in the code descriptions 92960 and 92961? Thank you always! :)

Answer:

The difference between 92960 and 92961 is as follows:

92960 requires when external cardioversion. For example. For example; a PT comes in with Afib; they will do external cardioversion first. They are going to shock the heart with electrode pads.

92961 is when internal cardioversion is needed. For example; PT came in with Afib; they tried first external cardioversion but it did not resolved the Afib; so now they have to go in internally to shock the heart. Meaning (this is from Supercoder) "placement of one or more catheters into the heart under fluoroscopy; and a much greater knowledge of electrophysiology procedure

Here is the ref I found for you to read between the differences from Supercoder: <https://www.supercoder.com/my-ask-an-expert/topic/external-cardioversion-and-complete-ep>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back