• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Resolved C7535 or 37227 when stenting, angioplasty and atherectomy are performed

EmilyM_67452

CCO Club Member
BHAT® Cave
PHARM Course
ICD-10-CM Blitz
ICD-10-PCS Blitz
Inpatient Blitz
Outpatient Blitz
Hi, I had a question come up and I am hoping someone can help to confirm this coding scenario. With the 2023 update the new code C7535 utilized for the Revascularizations of femoral, popliteal artery with stenting and angioplasty in addition to the IVUS component now included into the description. My question on this is; if there is a stenting, angioplasty and atherectomy in the same vessel, there was not a new code combination added for this scenario, so if these were all performed in the same session, would this be coded as CPT 37227 with the IVUS coded separately, or C7535 and C7534 for both stent and atherectomy components with the angioplasty and IVUS included? If someone is able to confirm or let me know your thoughts for the correct coding of this scenario it would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I am doing some research for you and checking with Stacey Levitt who is an expert. Hope to get back with you soon.

Thank you so much! It is greatly appreciated!

The new C codes are only for ASC use. When they first went into effect there wasn't any guidance on how to apply them. Were you able to check AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS to see if they have published any advice on these. I thought I had AHA Coding Clinic but I do not.

The best information I could find so far is from here:

The new C codes are only for ASC use. When they first went into effect there wasn't any guidance on how to apply them. Were you able to check AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS to see if they have published any advice on these. I thought I had AHA Coding Clinic but I do not.

The best information I could find so far is from here:
Ok, thank you very much for checking into this and also providing a reference! I do have access to AHA Coding Clinic but they do not have anything on this topic unfortunately, I also checked in the Dr. Z Q&A but there is nothing there either. I think we will just need to wait and see what guidance they provide in the future. I appreciate your time and assistance!

You are right. It has to be happening so I suspect we are going to get a Coding Clinic on it. Maybe you should ask them and we might see it in next months... <grin>

Back