• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

Anyone Has Any Advice For Me As To How I Can Make This Transition An Easy One? I Am Looking To Leave The Nursing Profession Altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCO_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
CCO Admin asked:

Hello! I am so happy to join this forum! I am currently an LPN looking to get into medical coding and billing; just want to know if anyone has any advice for me as to how I can make this transition an easy one? I am looking to leave the nursing profession altogether.

Answer:

Welcome; Briana. We are happy that you chose us for your medical coding education. I know of many nurses that have transitioned into the coding side of the industry. One thing to keep in mind for nurses is that you wear two hats: coding and clinical. You have to be very careful in that you do not diagnose or assume a diagnosis but rather just code based on the documentation. Granted; there are roles in the industry where you use both hats to improve documentation and that is called clinical documentation improvement. Perhaps that is something you are interested in later on down the road. Let me know if you have any other questions. Again; welcome to CCO and happy studying!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back