• Register to Access the Free Forums and 3 Free CEUs!

To view the content for the 3 free CEUs, please sign up today.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
  • Missing Access To A Course, Blitz or Exam? Have Technical Issues? Open a Help Desk Ticket
    Please Do Not Post in the Community About Access or Technical Issues
    CCO Business Hours for Help Desk and Coaching: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm Eastern

News AAPC's CPC Certification Exam Is Now Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have know which of the following sections would be in Part 1 and which ones would be in Part 2?

10,000 Series CPT®
20,000 Series CPT®
30,000 Series CPT®
40,000 Series CPT®
50,000 Series CPT®
60,000 Series CPT®
Evaluation and Management
Anesthesia
Radiology
Laboratory / Pathology
Medicine
Medical Terminology
Anatomy
ICD-10-CM/Diagnosis
HCPCS Level II
Coding Guidelines
Compliance and Regulatory

The reason I ask is because AAPC has made it amply clear that any left over time from Part 1 will NOT be rolled over to Part 2 in the online exam. So if all harder sections are grouped together in say Part 1, there maybe a possibility of not having enough time to complete it (considering all the issues that people have brought up with regards to the camera set up).

I'm still struggling to make a decision if I want to go in person or take the test online

In the online exams, do they cover few sections in Part I of the exam and the remaining sections in Part 2?

For eg., 10000 series, 20000 series, 30000 series etc in Part 1 and say 40000, 50000, 60000 series in Part 2

It flows in the same order as the AAPC website's "The CPC Exam Breakdown" per this person's comment from Reddit:

"And yes, the questions follow the sections in the book in order. I've never taken the in person exam, but according to break down of the questions on the AAPC website, it follows that for the most part."

However, no one has clarified where the break point is between Session 1 and 2. One person on Reddit wrote: "Yeah, it's a healthy mix per session. Just think of the aapc breakdown of the exam and divide it by 2. Not unequal at all."

There are 75 questions per session, so the break point is likely somewhere between 60k, E/M or Anesthesia, maybe?

EDIT: AAPC refuses to say where the sections split between days. They claim it is an 'integrity' issue.

Last edited:
Printed guidelines are not allowed during the online test.

Do you have any info on why it is in two sessions? I was scheduled for 4/25/20 but it was cancelled so I rescheduled it for June 6th but I am not sure if that will still be scheduled. Do you think they would allow me to sign up for it online still? Thank you in advance!
I can't wait for someone to report back to us what the experience was like. This has been a long time in coming!
I liked that it was split into two sections because taking the first half helped me to realize what I needed to improve on before the second half.

2022 CPC Exam Changes​

Note: We mention the Case questions are fill-in-the-blank. The AAPC later corrected and stated they are multiple-choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back